The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle Chapter 6 Summary
- The captain hands Charlotte over to Mr. Hollybrass, though before he does so, he bids her farewell by kissing her hand in front of the crew. What a gentleman! (Yeah, right.) Charlotte, however, is stoked.
- Mr. Hollybrass takes Charlotte to Mr. Barlow, who's supposed to lead Charlotte to her trunk that's stored in the ship's top steerage.
- Charlotte and Mr. Barlow enter the ship's top cargo, and he takes her to her trunk.
- Mr. Barlow leaves Charlotte in the darkness of the top cargo to go through her things, and leaves his lit candle near the ladder for her.
- Charlotte, though alone, begins to feel a presence. She thinks someone is watching her.
- Charlotte looks to the left and right and sees nothing. She finally turns around toward the ladder, and there she sees a grinning head with eyes staring at her.
- The candle goes out and all is dark.