The Truth About Forever
The Truth About Forever Chapter 11 Summary
- Macy's over at Kristy and Monica's place, protesting about going on a triple date with three guys Kristy and Monica met the other day.
- Kristy's exasperated, complaining that she'll hang out with Wes, but not this guy; but Macy explains that they're just friends, since they're both already in a relationship.
- This makes Kristy think they're secretly pining for each other, since their love is forbidden. Macy just rolls her eyes at this one.
- When the guys show up, Macy's date has already puked his guts out and passed out in the backseat, so Macy decides not to come. Good call.
- Once the other girls leave, Macy wanders around their grandma's garden for a bit and finds an amazing sculpture—another one of Wes's.
- As she looks at it, Wes comes up behind her, scaring her to death.
- To apologize, he brings her to the World of Waffles restaurant, which is his special spot to go when he needs inspiration. And he buys her a pencil that smells like syrup. Where can we get us one of those?
- They talk about his art and their families and how they had both felt like certain things were messages from beyond after their parents died: the EZ Products for Macy, and for Wes, the to-do lists his mom left everywhere.
- Finally, Wes brings Macy back to Kristy's house, where she's going to spend the night. So, was this, like, a date?
- Kristy and Monica didn't have a very good time with the guys, so Kristy is totally bummed out.
- When Macy gets home the next morning, her mom is waiting for her. Uh-oh…
- She tells her to come talk with her, and Macy's worried she's in trouble like Caroline used to be.
- They chat about her jobs, and then her mom brings up the real issue: Mrs. Talbot has told her about Jason wanting a break.
- She's concerned that she's spending too much time with her new friends and not enough focusing on her future.
- Macy agrees to keep her priorities straight and realizes she still can't tell her mom everything, even though she wants her to.
- She goes up to her room and finds a package on her bed, along with a note from Caroline explaining that she'd found it at the beach house.
- It's the IOU Christmas gift—her last gift from her dad. She puts it, still wrapped, in her closet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search