The Truth About Forever
Cite This Page
The Truth About Forever Chapter 16 Summary Page 1
- Things get kind of crazy for Macy now.
- She's supposed to be meeting her mom in 15 minutes, but instead, she's on the way to the hospital with Delia.
- The hospital where her dad was brought, too, by the way.
- The memories are totally panicking her, and when she finally gets a grip on them, she gets scared for Delia's sake.
- Finally, at 7:00, she decides to call her mom. Dun dun dun.
- Deborah doesn't pick up, though, so Macy leaves her a message, explaining what happened.
- When she gets back, Delia has had her baby—another little girl.
- Looking at Delia and her daughter, Macy thinks of her own relationship with her mom and how much they've lost.
- She hurries out of the room to an empty corner, and finally, for the first time since her father's death, starts sobbing.
- Soon after, Wes finds her, and folds her into his arms, until she cries herself out. Okay, it's time for those tissues.
- She says goodbye to Delia, and then Wes drops Macy off at the picnic, which is breaking up.
- She finds her mom deep in conversation, but even when everyone leaves, her mom refuses to speak to her, other than to tell her to go home, change, and get into bed. Yikes.
- Macy is in shock, but when she gets home and sees herself in the mirror, she realizes she is a mess from the catering event and all the crying.
- But it's so much more than just her appearance that's got her mom steaming.
- Jason had told her how she quit, and they'd both been calling her cell phone over and over again, trying to find her.
- Caroline happens to stop by the next morning, so she coaches Macy on how to act when their mom is this furious, having had tons of practice herself.
- Macy finally works up the courage to go down to her mom.
- She tells Macy she is not allowed to cater anymore or see any of her catering friends. She is to work 9 to 5, Monday through Saturday, for her mom, helping with clients. Oh, and she now has an 8:00PM curfew.
- Macy can't do anything but agree, so her mom leaves the room.
- She sees Wes walking by outside, but can't say anything to him—so he moves on. (Heart. Ache.)