The Truth About Forever
Cite This Page
The Truth About Forever Chapter 3 Summary Page 1
- Okay, you're never going to believe this, but guess how this chapter starts out? Yep, that's right. Yet another flashback.
- Macy's dad had loved running, and had gotten both Caroline and Macy into running when they were little.
- Caroline had lost interest in it once she discovered, but Macy was a runner through and through, and she loved sharing that with her dad.
- Until he died. After that, she quit track, stopped hanging out with her friends from the team, and packed away her trophies.
- Back in the present, Macy is staring her first day of work at the library in the face.
- The girls there, Bethany and Amanda, are not exactly welcoming. They don't talk to her much, won't let her answer any questions, and tell her she's not invited to have lunch with them. Ouch.
- Even worse, they get meaner by the day, and Macy finally emails Jason about it.
- He tells her to talk to them about it, and he seems much more concerned that she's not taking the job seriously. Okaaay…
- Macy's mom tries to cheer her up, but she doesn't really understand.
- Macy hasn't ever shared her real feelings about her dad's death with her mom. She wishes she could, but now she feels like it's too late. C'mon, Macy, we're rooting for ya.
- Macy emails Jason back, telling him how much she misses him, how hard it is at the library, and that she loves him.
- Then she crawls out onto the roof again, for…no, really? Another flashback?
- This time it's about her big sister, Caroline. Boy-crazy, wild Caroline.
- She was always getting in trouble in high school and would often sneak out of Macy's window at night to go party with guys.
- After their dad died, things got more serious with her college boyfriend—who was 10 years older than her—and they got married right after she graduated.
- Macy and Jason aren't wild like she was, though. Caroline thinks Macy needs to live a little. Party. Relax. Have fun.
- Flashback over, Macy's mom is leaving for a conference at the beach. Awesome. But Macy doesn't want to come along, because it would remind her of her dad's beloved old beach house, and thus, her dad.
- But that means she's all alone at home when she gets the email from Jason.
- You saw it coming, didn't you?
- Yep, it's the email where he tells her he wants to take a break from their relationship. Why? Because of her "dependency" on him.
- Ummm… what?
- Macy goes for a long drive to calm down, and while she's out, she happens to see the Wish Catering van, with Delia driving.
- She takes a chance and follows them. You go, girl.