The Truth About Forever
by Sarah Dessen
The Truth About Forever Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Chaos is usually considered to be a bad thing. But is it bad in this The Truth About Forever? How does it help Macy deal with her father's death? How does it help her mom?
- How do Macy's relationships with Jason and Wes symbolize her changing feelings about the loss of her father?
- For most of the book, Delia and her crew bring disaster and just plain craziness wherever they go—until she jumps in to help Macy's mom at the end. Why is it that she can bring order to that one event, and not the others?
- Just about every character in The Truth About Forever has a passion—something they are obsessed with. For Caroline, it's their beach house. For Bert, it's the apocalypse. What are the other characters' obsessions? What does each one tell us about each character? Does Macy have one? If so, what does it tell us about her? If not, why not, and what does that tell us about her?
- How does each different character deal with death? What does that say about each of those characters?
- What exactly is the truth about forever? What does that phrase mean to Macy?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...