by Natalie Babbitt
Tuck Everlasting Chapter 15 Summary
- Now we head back over to the Fosters' house, where Yellow Suit Guy is doing a lot of talking and the Fosters are doing a lot of listening.
- By this point, we've basically figured out that Yellow Suit Guy is up to no good.
- He says he knows where Winnie is, but he doesn't give up any details. Instead, he starts double-talking, like a politician, about how much he likes the Fosters' wood (yep, that land they own) and how he'd sure like to have it.
- Bottom line: he threatens the Fosters by saying that Winnie could be in danger and he's the only one who knows where she is. He implies that if they don't do what he wants, he'll keep that knowledge to himself.
- Not cool.
- Then Yellow Suit Guy basically blackmails the family into giving him the wood in exchange for saying where Winnie is. He says he will go with the constable to pick up Winnie, and the Fosters will have to stay behind.
- Winnie's family doesn't even get a word in edgewise. He has them between a rock and a hard place. But the Fosters are ready to give him their land if it means getting Winnie back.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...