Tuck Everlasting Chapter 18 Summary
- Turns out that Miles is a stand-up guy, because he keeps a secret for Winnie, too. Instead of going into detail about the fishing trip, he just tells the rest of the family that they didn't have any luck with the fishing.
- For breakfast, the Tucks have flapjacks (basically pancakes on steroids), and Jesse wakes up just in time to join them. He teases his brother about not fishing well, and Winnie finds herself getting used to their manners.
- Tuck wants to pass the time worrying about what's going to happen, but Mae puts him off.
- Winnie's pretty content. She could really get used to this.
- And you know what that means—something terrible has to happen.
- All of the sudden, their meal is interrupted. Someone else at the door. Guess who? Yep, Yellow Suit Guy.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search