Tuck Everlasting Chapter 3 Summary
- Back to Winnie, who's having a serious conversation with a toad. Yeah, a toad. Winnie doesn't really have friends, so she has to make do with a toad, which she doesn't even like that much.
- It's hot and boring, and Winnie is tossing stones around while telling the toad that she thinks maybe she should run away from home.
- Her mom and grandma boss her around, and Winnie's at the end of her rope. She explains to the toad (who's apparently a really good listener) that she wants to make her mark somehow. She needs to break out of her world, which just feels really limited.
- Winnie compares her position in life to that of the toad's and decides that running away is pretty much the only option. She plans on making a break for it the next day.
- Sure enough, her mom keeps nagging her, so Winnie peaces out.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search