by Natalie Babbitt
Tuck Everlasting Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you agree with the decision Winnie makes at the end of the book? Why or why not? Why do you think she decided to take this route? Did you see it coming?
- If you were offered the option, would you drink from the spring and accept immortality? Why or why not?
- Why do the Tucks keep the knowledge of the spring a secret? Do you think this is fair? What would have happened if the secret got out?
- Make a pro/con list about immortality. What would be the best parts? What would be the drawbacks? Does the narrator of Tuck Everlasting seem to have an opinion about it?
- What do you think will happen to the Tucks after the end of the book? How will their lives be different after their experiences in Treegap?
- Which character seems happiest to be immortal? Which is the unhappiest? Why? Does it have something to do with their personalities?
- How will Jesse react after he hears what happened to Winnie? Will he be understanding? Angry? Sad?
- The man in the yellow suit seemed like an interesting—if slimy—guy. We challenge you to write his story. He was on a quest all his own, and we're pretty sure it would make for a fun detective book.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...