Twelfth Night, or What You Will
Twelfth Night, or What You Will Act 3, Scene 3 Summary
- Meanwhile, Sebastian has rolled up in Illyria and stands in a street chatting with Antonio, who, apparently, has insisted on following his beloved Sebastian.
- Antonio says his desire (like sharp "steel") drove him to follow Sebastian to Illyria, even though he's afraid of the dangers that he might face. (We don't quite know what these dangers are yet.)
- Antonio says something like, "Gee, thanks. Should we catch the sights?" Antonio doesn't want to play tourist and suggests that they go back to the motel, but Sebastian's not having any of that and wants to do some sightseeing.
- Antonio reveals that he's not really supposed to be in Illyria since he's kind of a pirate and helped steal some money from Duke Orsino. He also doesn't have enough money to pay off the authorities if he's caught in Illyria.
- Sebastian asks if Antonio killed a bunch of men and Antonio says no, but the skirmish cost the Duke a lot of money. Then Antonio gives Sebastian a little money and tells him to buy himself something nice, Antonio's treat.
- Sebastian takes the money and says he's going to shop for about an hour and then he'll meet Antonio back at the Inn (the Elephant).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search