Twelfth Night, or What You Will
Twelfth Night, or What You Will Act 4, Scene 1 Summary
- Meanwhile, outside of Olivia's house, Feste has stumbled across Sebastian (Viola's un-dead brother) and has mistaken him for "Cesario" (Viola's disguise).
- Feste says to Sebastian that Olivia's looking for him but Sebastian tells him to beat it – he's not in the mood for Feste's screwing around. Besides, Sebastian has no idea who this "Cesario" person is.
- Feste's pretty insistent, so Sebastian gives him some money to go away and threatens to give him a knuckle sandwich if he doesn't scram. Feste responds with a smart aleck comment.
- Just then, Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Sir Toby Belch, and Fabian show up looking for "Cesario."
- Aguecheek and Toby try to punk Sebastian (they think he's "Cesario") and Aguecheek gives Sebastian a little slap. Feste runs inside Olivia's house to tattle.
- Sebastian is about to go ape on Toby and Andrew when Olivia runs outside and breaks up the fight.
- Olivia tells her uncle Toby to get out of her sight and apologizes to Sebastian, who she thinks is her "Cesario."
- Sebastian wonders if he's dreaming or has lost his mind, but he clearly thinks Olivia is pretty hot because he says that if he is dreaming, he doesn't want to wake up.
- Olivia says something like "Come with me, big boy," and Sebastian is all over that as the two run off together.