by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight Chapter 7: Nightmare Summary
How It All Goes Down
- That night, Bella has a dream that she's in the woods with Jacob. Jacob senses something dangerous and seems to become a red-brown wolf. Edward appears, revealing vampire fangs while and telling Bella to trust him. The wolf leaps at Edward to protect Bella. She wakes up screaming, "No!" (7.18)
- Bella gets up and decides to do a bit of internet research on vampires. She finds some accounts of vampires describing them as gorgeous, pale-skinned, powerful, and fast. One entry says, "Stregoni benefici: An Italian vampire, said to be on the side of goodness, and a mortal enemy of all evil vampires" (7.38).
- Bella tries to decide if Edward could possibly be a vampire:
I listed again in my head the things I'd observed myself: the impossible speed and strength, the eye color shifting from black to gold and back again, the inhuman beauty, the pale, frigid skin [...] how [the Cullens] never seemed to eat, the disturbing grace with which they moved. And the way [Edward] sometimes spoke with unfamiliar cadences and phrases that better fit the style of a turn-of-the-century novel than of a twenty-first-century classroom. He had skipped class the day we'd done blood typing. [...] He seemed to know what everyone around him was thinking...except me. He told me he was a villain, dangerous..." (7.50)
- The next day is sunny. During lunch, Bella doesn't spot Edward in the cafeteria, and when she gets to Biology, he's not there.
- Bella decides to go dress shopping with Jessica and Angela in Port Angeles the next evening to help them pick out dresses for the upcoming dance (the one that Bella's avoiding).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...