The Tyger Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the Tyger or what does it represent? Is it the artist’s creation? Is it inspiration? Is it God? Creation in general? A poem? Or really just a tiger?
- Who or what created the Tyger? Whose "hands," "feet," and "eyes" are we talking about here? Is it the artist? Is it God? A god? You?!
- Here's a challenging question: was the Tyger created at all?
- What is the significance of the one-word change from the first to last stanza of the poem?
- How does this poem relate to Blake’s other poem, "The Lamb"?
- What’s with all the questions posed in the poem? There are thirteen question marks, and only one complete sentence that doesn’t end with one. Why? Did Blake’s keyboard just have a sticky key?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search