Uglies Chapter 29 Summary
- Tally was getting a homey feeling from the Smoke, but now she feels a little exposed, as if everyone knows about her treachery, both ruining her friend's relationship and the Smoke in general.
- She feels like the orchid—a destructive weed that ruins everything. (Even the hummingbirds like her also.)
- But David wants to talk to her about how special he thinks she is, which is just the thing a guilty person wants to hear. See, she's the first runaway to come all by herself, which gives her 100 bravery points, because she left everything she knew behind.
- David is also impressed that Tally did this all just out of friendship for Shay; and David trusts Tally because of how happy she was to see Shay when they met again. (Awww.)
- All this nice talk makes Tally feel something for David that she never felt for an ugly before. He even begins to look a little pretty to her.
- And Tally is so serious about the Smoke—unlike Shay—that David wants her to meet his parents and learn… turn the page to find out.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search