by Scott Westerfeld
Uglies Chapter 45 Summary
- Shay—who we last saw yelling at Tally—is really happy to see Tally and David. And she's totally willing to help with this trick, even though she still remembers Tally's betrayal.
- (Also, she's kind of drunk because she's been doing the usual new pretty thing of partying all the time.)
- Shay tells Tally that being turned pretty is actually a big relief, even though Dr. Cable forced her into it.
- While Shay and Tally have been reminiscing about the good old days ("remember that time I accidentally called the secret police to come capture you? Good times"), David goes to find the prisoners.
- They find Croy, Astrix, Ryde, and Maddy. But they can't find Az.
- And Maddy says they can't help him now because he's dead.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...