The Unbearable Lightness of Being
by Milan Kundera
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 2, Chapter 12 Summary
- Soon after her fortuitous meeting with Tomas, Tereza takes a week off from waitressing and goes to Prague to find him.
- During the train ride, she looks at herself in the mirror and begs her soul not to retreat from the surface of her body.
- She started to feel sick and hoped she wasn't coming down with something.
- When Tomas opened the door to her, her stomach began rumbling. She was terribly embarrassed, but Tomas kissed her and they ended up making love.
- Tereza had a fever and quickly showed symptoms of the flu.
- The second time she came to Prague, Tereza brought with her a heavy suitcase. She brought all her stuff, determined never to return to her small home-town.
- She kept Anna Karenina under her arm as she traveled. She considered the novel her ticket into Tomas's world.
- Again, she went over to his place and they made love.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...