The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 2, Chapter 24 Summary
- Tereza took her photographs with her to Switzerland, looking to get them published.
- The editor was kind but refused them on the grounds that they were out of date. Tereza was still in his office when a female employee dropped off an article on nudist beaches.
- The editor nearly apologized to Tereza for publishing something so trivial (nude beaches) and refusing her serious photos.
- But Tereza says, without explanation, that the nude beach photos are the same as her photos of the tanks invading Prague.
- The editor doesn't understand what she means.
- Tereza thinks about her mother walking around naked when she was a little girl, and how she used to try to close the curtains to their apartment to hide her.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...