The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 4, Chapter 11 Summary
- When Tereza looks at Tomas now, she looks not at his eyes, but his hair, which smells like another woman.
- Finally she breaks down.
- She tells him that she isn't strong enough to stand up to her jealousy anymore, and asks him to help her.
- Tomas takes her to a park with red, blue, and yellow benches. Though the narrator doesn't say so explicitly, it soon becomes clear that we are in a dream sequence.
- Tomas sits her down on a bench. He tells her he will take care of her, all she has to do is climb Petrin hill. (Petrin hill is in the center of Prague: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Petrin_Praha.jpg)
- Tereza is terribly nervous about the idea of going, but she is "constitutionally unable to disobey Tomas" (4.11.6).
- So she goes on her way.