The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Cite This Page
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 4, Chapter 28 Summary Page 1
- On the way home, Tereza can only think about the photograph that might exist of her and the engineer.
- She's mostly concerned with whether Tomas will ever see it or not.
- Tereza knows that their love rests on her fidelity, and that it would come tumbling down if he knew she was unfaithful.
- She wants she and Tomas to move to the country, away from Prague. She feels that this would be their only path to salvation.
- But she doesn't have the courage to say this to Tomas.
- She is afraid of him, because he is strong and she is weak. She wants to go back to Petrin Hill (the place from her dream) and die.