The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 4, Chapter 28 Summary
- On the way home, Tereza can only think about the photograph that might exist of her and the engineer.
- She's mostly concerned with whether Tomas will ever see it or not.
- Tereza knows that their love rests on her fidelity, and that it would come tumbling down if he knew she was unfaithful.
- She wants she and Tomas to move to the country, away from Prague. She feels that this would be their only path to salvation.
- But she doesn't have the courage to say this to Tomas.
- She is afraid of him, because he is strong and she is weak. She wants to go back to Petrin Hill (the place from her dream) and die.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search