The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Cite This Page
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 6, Chapter 11 Summary Page 1
- A person who asks questions is the enemy of kitsch, because questions cut through the screen to let us look behind it.
- Think about the way that Sabina explained her paintings to Tereza: on the surface, an intelligible lie, and underneath, the unintelligible truth.
- Once Sabina had an exhibition of her paintings in Germany.
- In the promotion, she read a bio of herself that painted her to be a martyr escaped from her bleeding homeland. Clearly, they did not understand her at all. Her enemy was kitsch, she fumed, not Communism.
- She started hiding the fact that she was Czech so that people would stop thinking of her this way.