The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 6, Chapter 29 Summary
- What remains in Cambodia, the narrator asks. The answer? A large photograph of an American actress holding an Asian child in her arms.
- What remains of Tomas? The inscription on his grave.
- What remains of Beethoven? The phrase "es muss sein!"
- What remains of Franz? The inscription on his grave.
- The narrator then concludes that before we are forgotten, we are turned into kitsch.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search