The Unbearable Lightness of Being Part 7, Chapter 6 Summary
- Although we aren't told explicitly, we quickly figure out that the following is a dream sequence.
- In Tereza's dream, Tomas gets a letter saying that he has to report to the local airfield.
- Tereza insists on going with him, and they take his pickup truck to drive out there. They get in a small plane that is completely empty, and sit together.
- The airplane takes off and lands again. Tereza's reaction to the situation turns from horror to sadness, a sadness in which she is completely aware of her limitless love for Tomas.
- When they got off the plane, they see three men holding rifles.
- One of them shoots Tomas. Tereza watches his body shrink until he turns into a rabbit.
- The man with the rifle chases and catches the hare, then hands it, shaking with fear, to Tereza.
- Tereza cries tears of joy. She feels she is nearly at her goal.
- She takes the rabbit back to Prague and finds the house she grew up in.
- Her parents are not there. Instead, she is greeted by her great-grandfather and great-grandmother.
- Tereza takes the rabbit to her old room and lies down on the bed with it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...