Upon Julia's Clothes Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who is Julia anyway? We're thinking it's not the girl from the Beatles' song, although that one was about John Lennon's mom.
- What exactly would the liquefaction of clothes look like? It sounds messy.
- Why does the speaker describe Julia's clothes in such a strange way? Why can't he just tell us straight up what she's wearing?
- Who do you think the Speaker is? Herrick himself, or some fake, poetic personage?
- Have you ever felt the way the Speaker does while looking at clothes?
- Why not talk up Julia herself, instead of her clothes? Who cares what she's wearing?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Quotes