A View from the Bridge
by Arthur Miller
Eddie Carbone Timeline and Summary
- Eddie reluctantly agrees to let Catherine have a job.
- Seemingly benevolent, Eddie welcomes Marco and Rodolpho into his home.
- He tries to talk Catherine out of dating Rodolpho, saying he's only using her to get his citizenship.
- Eddie goes to Alfieri to try and find a legal way to separate Catherine and Rodolpho
- Driven half mad when he finds the two coming out of the bedroom together, he beats up Rodolpho and forces a kiss on the boy and Catherine.
- He calls Immigration, turning in Marco and Rodolpho.
- Spurned by his family and community, Eddie dukes it out in the street with Marco in a vain attempt regain his reputation.
- Eddie dies by his own knife.