Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching A View from the BridgeTeacher Pass
Teaching A View from the BridgeTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What is Alfieri's occupation?
2. What news does Catherine have for Eddie?
3. What happened to Vinny Bolanzo, the family's teenaged neighbor?
4. How are Rodolpho and Marco related to Eddie's family?
5. What does Rodolpho hope to buy when he goes back to Italy rich someday?
6. What does Eddie suspect isn't "right" with Rodolpho?
7. Eddie tells Catherine that he is worried Rodolpho wants to marry her for what purpose?
8. According to Rodolpho and Marco, they once went where on a fishing boat?
9. What song do Catherine and Rodolpho dance to?
10. At the very end of the act, what is Marco able to do that Eddie can't manage?
Answers1. He is a lawyer
2. That she was offered a job as a stenographer
3. He turned in his uncle to the immigration office, and was shunned by his family
4. They are his wife's (Beatrice's) cousins
5. A motorcycle
6. He suspects that Rodolpho is gay
7. To become a citizen; for "a passport"
9. "Paper Doll"
10. To lift a chair with one hand while kneeling on the ground
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE