Walk Two Moons
by Sharon Creech
Walk Two Moons Chapter 24 Summary
Birds of Sadness
- Gram, Gramps, and Sal spend the night in a hotel with… waterbeds! Sal dreams she is floating down a river with her mother.
- The next day, Sal dives right back in to her story about Phoebe.
- Phoebe finds another message on the doorstep: "you can't keep the birds of happiness from flying overhead, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair."
- At school, Phoebe is spinning lots of yarns about her mother and where her mother is.
- Ben gives a report about Prometheus, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to humans. To punish him, Zeus chained him to a rock to have his liver pecked out by birds forevermore. Zeus, it turns out, also sent a troublesome woman, Pandora, to stir things up among the humans.
- That night, Sal has dinner at the Finneys, and her dad has dinner with Mrs. Cadaver.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...