Walk Two Moons
Walk Two Moons Chapter 26 Summary
- When Phoebe comes over that Saturday, she wants to be given the royal treatment because she is the guest. Sal is super annoyed; she thinks Phoebe is being totally ridiculous.
- They go over to the Finneys to see Mary Lou. When they get there, Sal sits on the porch with Ben and has a strange urge to touch his face.
- After a while, she goes inside and watches Mr. and Mrs. Finney climb a ladder to the roof where they can be alone and kiss. This reminds Sal of her parents.
- At home, Sal sleeps on the floor that night so that Phoebe can have the bed. Phoebe cries herself to sleep, and Sal lets her because she's familiar that feeling of being so sad that you don't know what to do with yourself.
- She knows that it's best to leave Phoebe alone.