Walk Two Moons
by Sharon Creech
Walk Two Moons Chapter 31 Summary
- The next morning, Phoebe finds a brand new secret message at her front door: "we never know the worth of water until the well runs dry."
- At school, Sal talks to Ben at her locker and tries to kiss him, but she ends up kissing his locker instead. These two just can't get it together.
- Mr. Birkway decides to read aloud from everyone's journal, which his students do not like one bit. Though he changes people's names, everyone knows whose journals belong to whom. Everyone wrote very honest and revealing things about each other. Needless to say, Sal's class is in an uproar.
- After school, Sal and Phoebe go back to see Sergeant Bickle at the police station. Sal notices a family photo on his desk, and when she takes a closer look, she realizes that the son is the very "lunatic" that Phoebe and Sal have been seeing in their neighborhood. Crazy, huh?
- We should point out, though, that Phoebe doesn't notice the photograph, because she's too busy storming out in frustration at Sergeant Bickle for not helping them.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...