Walk Two Moons Chapter 5 Summary
A Damsel in Distress
- Gram interrupts Sal's story again to say that she has a friend named Gloria who reminds her a lot of Phoebe. Gloria sees the world as an exciting and scary place, just like Phoebe does.
- Gramps is tuckered out, so they take a break at a rest stop, only three hours into their road trip.
- Sal then tells us readers about all of the ways her grandparents have gotten into trouble in the past. They get into a lot of sticky situations.
- While they're waiting, Gramps tries to help a lady whose car has broken down. But it seems like he might be doing more harm than good: he starts yanking things out of the engine willy-nilly.
- Eventually, the lady calls a mechanic, and Sal, Gram, and Gramps get back on the road.