Walk Two Moons
Walk Two Moons Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why does Sal tell Phoebe's story?
- What did you think had happened to Sal's mother? How does it feel to not really know what has happened to her until the very end of the story?
- Why does Phoebe's mother leave? Why does Phoebe treat her mother the way she treats her (before her mother leaves)?
- Why do you think Sal's mother left home?
- Are there any similarities between Phoebe's mother and Sal's mother?
- What does Sal learn over the course of the novel?
- What is a journey? Are there lots of journeys in this story or just one? Who goes on a journey? Who doesn't go on a journey?
- Why doesn't Sal's dad go with her on the road trip to Idaho?
- How do you feel about the structure of this story? Do you like diving into Sal's memories in order to piece together a timeline? Do you like the way the story dips back and forth in time? Why doesn't Sal just tell her story from beginning to end?
- If you were to make a film out of Walk Two Moons, how would you cast your film?
- If you were to write a chapter for Walk Two Moons, what would happen in your chapter? When would it take place?
- What does it mean to walk two moons in someone's moccasins?
- Why does Mrs. Partridge leave those messages?
- In what ways is reading this book like going on a kind of journey or trip?
- Draw your soul.