The Walling of Asgard and the Birth of Sleipnir
The Walling of Asgard and the Birth of Sleipnir Study Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who is the stone-mason?
- What does the stone-mason want in exchange for building the wall around Asgard?
- Why do you think Loki wants the gods to agree to the stone-mason's terms? Why do you think they decide to do so?
- How does Loki prevent the stone-mason from finishing his job?
- What do you think of the gods' behavior in this story? Do they behave ethically? Why or why not?
- What is the result of Loki's seduction of Svadilfari? Why do you think the colt is born is so different from other colts?
- How this story similar to, or different from, other stories about a "Master Builder" or "Helper"? (Hint: Check out "Characters: The Jotun Stone-Mason.")
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search