I wandered lonely as a Cloud (Daffodils)
by William Wordsworth
I wandered lonely as a Cloud (Daffodils) Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is an image or memory that you can always count on to lift you out of the blues?
- Why do you think the speaker felt so lonely at the beginning of the poem? (Invent your own back-story.)
- In her journal, Dorothy Wordsworth wondered how so many daffodils could have gotten along the shore, bordered by the trees on one side and the lake on the other. How do you think they got there?
- Can you think of an experience that was good at the time but turned out to be an even bigger blessing in the future?
- Does everyone have an "inner eye," or do only poets have this gift? Do you have one?
- Why is a cloud lonely? What could the speaker mean when he says this?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...