The War of 1812
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching the War of 1812Teacher Pass
Teaching the War of 1812 Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Which interpretation of the War of 1812 would you like to find true?
- Do you tend to think that wars are usually unnecessary?
- That with better communication and more patience they could be avoided?
- Do you think they wars are caused by belligerent hyper-nationalists like the war hawks?
- Do you think that partisan bickering undermines good government?
- That the party out of power is more interested in disrupting than advancing national policy?