War and Peace
War and Peace Epilogue, Part 1, Chapter 11 Summary
- Back to December at Nikolai and Marya’s.
- Pierre’s been away for six weeks on a business trip that was supposed to take only three, and Natasha has been upset and depressed and angry.
- Denisov comes to visit and is shocked that she looks nothing like she did as a girl. Well, yeah, four kids will do that to you.
- When Pierre gets home, Natasha really lets him have it. The baby’s been sick while he was away, and she had some issues nursing him. What on earth was he thinking being gone for so long?
- Pierre feels terrible and goes to cuddle the baby in the nursery.
- Meanwhile, Nikolai comes by and is all icked out by the sight of a baby. Marya says he’s actually an a great dad, even if he only starts interacting with his kids when they are a year old or so. Um...what?
- Natasha brags about how hands-on of a dad Pierre is.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search