War and Peace
by Leo Tolstoy
War and Peace Volume 1, Part 1, Chapter 10 Summary
- After Natasha runs out of the room, she hides behind a plant.
- Boris comes out, looks around, checks himself out in a mirror, and goes to look for her.
- Sonya comes out crying, followed by Nikolai. They make up and then make out, as Natasha watches from her hiding place. She’s psyched about spying.
- Sonya and Nikolai leave and Natasha calls Boris back.
- After some awkward nonsense with the doll, Natasha kind of jumps Boris and plants one right on his lips.
- He feels wrong about it. He tells her that he loves her forever, and in four years (when she’s 17), he’ll propose, but for now, no more kissing. This makes her happy.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...