War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 1, Part 2, Chapter 18 Summary
- Despite the danger (serious danger, bullets flying all around and everything), Bagration heads down into the valley under the hill where the infantry is really in the thick of things.
- Everyone tells him to stay back, but he's brave and awesome.
- It’s not looking too good.
- The field is chaos, all covered in gun smoke, and basically just a mishmash of invisibility and bleeding.
- Bagration orders two regiments to come support the front infantry, and they do. They are all excited for battle...which comes immediately and wipes a bunch of them out.
- But strategically this makes sense, since it allows a bunch of other regiments to retreat.
- Again, Bagration has a powerful effect on his men, and they rush into the fray all brave and gung-ho.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search