War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 3, Chapter 12 Summary
- Remember way back when Natasha and Boris were in love? That was four years ago, and they haven’t seen each other since. Even though he sometimes comes to Moscow, he never stops by the Rostovs’.
- But now that the Rostovs are in Petersburg, Boris stops in to visit.
- He’s a little choked up thinking about Natasha, who was his first love. As soon as he sees her, he’s floored by how she’s grown up into a beautiful woman. Yeah, well, four years of adolescence will do that to you.
- Natasha notices how stylish and fashionable he is.
- Boris starts visiting every day and is clearly falling for her again. She seems into it, too. Every day that he comes, Boris is all prepared to have a chat about how he could never actually marry her, since he’s a broke striver and she’s from a much higher social level. But instead he just ends up hanging out day in and day out.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...