War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 3, Chapter 16 Summary
- Suddenly everyone gets quiet, as Emperor Alexander and his queen, Elizaveta, arrive. He walks through the room and starts to dance. Everyone else joins in.
- Natasha has a bit of a panic attack thinking that no one will ask her to dance and that she’s just going to have to sit there with her mom and Sonya all night.
- She sits and watches as Andrei walks by and doesn’t recognize them, Boris walks by and ignores them, and only Berg and Vera come over to chat.
- Andrei is talking shop with some guy when Pierre comes and asks him to ask Natasha to dance.
- They go to the Rostovs. Andrei is super-sweet seeing how stressed out Natasha is, since it’s her first time ever at a ball. He takes her out on the dance floor.
- He is a great dancer, and she’s no slouch either.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search