War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 3, Chapter 17 Summary
- After she dances with Andrei, Boris comes and asks her to dance. After that she doesn’t sit out a single dance, as a bunch of other guys want to dance with her too.
- Natasha is happy and ignores pretty much every other thing at the ball except her own good time.
- Andrei dances with her once more before supper is served, and he tells her how he saw her running around near her house in the country. She’s kind of embarrassed, but he is happy to meet someone like him who isn’t all enmeshed in society.
- Natasha is innocent and enthused and girly and makes little mistakes – and Andrei is really into it. At one point he actually decides to marry her before shaking that thought off.
- During the ball Natasha runs into Pierre, who is moping and miserable. She really doesn’t get what his problem is, since she can only see things from her own point of view.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search