War and Peace
Cite This Page
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 3, Chapter 19 Summary Page 1
- Andrei goes to visit the Rostovs. He kind of owes them a visit, since it’s the polite thing to do.
- He totally loves them. And it makes sense – they are the most normal and loving family in the novel.
- Andrei is now really into Natasha. She seems special and amazing to him.
- When she plays and sings for him after dinner (back before TV, the daughters of a family were expected to entertain guests with their musical stylings), he almost cries.
- That night Andrei can’t sleep. He stays up dreaming about his future and not quite realizing that he’s butt-crazy in love with Natasha. Or, you know, as in love as anyone can be after meeting someone twice.