War and Peace
by Leo Tolstoy
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 3, Chapter 22 Summary
- The next day Andrei comes over to the Rostovs and chills with them for the whole day. It’s pretty clear he’s there to see Natasha.
- That night Natasha talks to her mom about her feelings for Andrei. She thinks it’s fate that they met and she loves him so much that she’s terrified. (And probably with good cause, given that she’s only 16, right?)
- Meanwhile, over at Pierre’s, Helene is having another little party, complete with the new dude who is suddenly her BFF. Pierre is again embarrassed about his wife and how useless and stupid his social life in Petersburg is.
- He goes off to study his Masonic texts. Andrei comes into his study.
- Andrei confesses his love for Natasha. Pierre gets sad because his own life is so crummy compared to his friend’s hopeful future. But Andrei doesn’t notice and is just filled with his own happiness.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...