War and Peace
Cite This Page
War and Peace Volume 2, Part 5, Chapter 10 Summary Page 1
- This chapter is some hot stuff, at least of the PG-13 variety.
- Anatole comes into Helene’s box and starts to chat with her.
- Natasha sits in front of Anatole and while he’s making the normal meaningless small talk, he basically undressing her with his eyes. She knows what he’s doing and can’t get enough.
- He’s hot, she’s into him, and even though all he ever does is touch her arm, she’s totally seduced.
- That night she suddenly realizes that she is still engaged to Andrei and feels bad. Intellectually she knows that she didn’t actually DO anything, but boy did she want to. That doesn’t seem right for a girl about to get married.