War and Peace Volume 3, Part 1, Chapter 13 Summary
- There are a bunch of guys at the tavern where the doctor and his young wife are staying. The men spend the evening playing cards and flirting with this woman.
- Her husband, the doctor, is asleep on a bed nearby.
- There’s a lot of double entendres and jokes about the doctor’s wife.
- After a little while, the doctor pops up. Turns out he hasn’t been asleep at all; he’s been lying there listening and getting mad.
- He takes his wife and leaves, and the soldiers fall asleep laughing.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...