War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 3, Part 2, Chapter 24 Summary
- Andrei chills in his shed, excited for the battle.
- There’s nothing to do but wait, so he just sits and ruminates about his life. He’s grossed out by the way he romanticized his love for Natasha, when in the end it turned out that love can’t really be divorced from sex.
- Then he has a little pity party about the fact that he might die tomorrow and no one would care, except maybe his sister.
- There’s a noise outside, and in busts Pierre.
- Andrei is surprised. Very unpleasantly surprised. He hates everyone who knows about the whole Natasha debacle.
- Pierre was excited to see him, but is immediately taken aback by Andrei's hostility. He mumbles that he wanted to say hi since he was nearby checking out the battle.