War and Peace
by Leo Tolstoy
War and Peace Volume 3, Part 2, Chapter 28 Summary
- Who won the battle of Borodino? And who lost it? Was it Napoleon?
- Not really. He didn’t shoot at anyone or kill anyone.
- Why did Napoleon lose? Was it because he had a bad cold and couldn’t think straight?
- Not really, since his will and his plans are nothing compared to the randomness of actual battle.
- French soldiers went and killed Russian soldiers. Russian soldiers went and killed French soldiers. In the end, Napoleon was simply a representative of the power of his troops – basically a symbol.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...