War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 3, Part 3, Chapter 15 Summary
- It's the last day that Moscow will be in Russian hands.
- A little militia gathers to defend the city like Rastopchin wanted – but he doesn’t show up, so they go off to get drunk.
- The economy has the expected shifts – horse and cart prices shoot through the roof, while other stuff is sold cheaper and cheaper.
- The Rostovs have everything packed, but now that their stuff is loaded up, the wounded men in their house are begging to be taken along.
- The Count gives some vague orders to clear off a cart or two for a couple of wounded officers.
- When Countess Rostov sees this, she flips out, yelling at her husband that he’s going to make their children poor.
- Count Rostov doesn’t want an argument with his wife, and Natasha overhears her mom having this greedy tantrum.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search