War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 3, Part 3, Chapter 17 Summary
- Things are ready again. All the Rostovs' carts and carriages stand ready to go.
- Andrei’s covered wagon is also all set. Sonya asks who is in there, and a maid tells her that it’s Andrei. Sonya is all WHAT? and runs off to tell Countess Rostov. They cry a little bit together and agree not to tell Natasha.
- After a few false stops and starts, the Rostov caravan is on the move.
- Driving through the city, Natasha suddenly spots Pierre walking down the street dressed like a peasant.
- She calls him and he says he’s going to stay in Moscow and fight.
- He seems kind of crazy and distracted, but the Rostovs don’t notice. He avoids looking at Natasha, even though he can feel her eyes on him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search