War and Peace
War and Peace Volume 4, Part 3, Chapter 10 Summary
- Denisov just about faints when Dolokhov and Petya finally get back. He’s pretty much written them off for dead at this point.
- Petya is too hyped to go to sleep and starts chatting with one of Denisov’s soldiers, telling him all about the adventure into the French camp.
- He asks the guy to sharpen his saber to prep for the raid the next day.
- Then Petya just sits there, basking in the moment. He’s not really getting the reality of the situation; everything feels like a dream to him. It’s like he’s playing Call of Duty or something – he’s just very disconnected from the fact that this is real and that he’s about to go into a life-and-death situation.
- Petya dozes off and dreams that all the sounds around him are becoming music that he can direct. It’s kind of a cool dream, actually. Finally, he wakes up and it’s time to go.