War and Peace Volume 4, Part 4, Chapter 15 Summary
- Pierre returns to Moscow and settles into a wing of his house there.
- He hears that Marya is in town and goes to visit her.
- When he arrives at her place, he sees another woman with Marya but doesn’t recognize her. He starts talking about Andrei and ignores the other woman.
- It takes a while for Pierre to realize that the other woman is Natasha. He knows immediately that he’s still madly in love with her.
- He didn’t recognize her because she’s become so thin and pale. She’s unsmiling and depressed-looking.