War Horse Chapter 19 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- If the war is ending, it doesn't seem like it. The battles get closer and hit closer to home. Albert's friend David dies. Albert is devastated and depressed.
- At the eleventh hour, the gunfire stops, but there are no celebrations. Men (and horses) are just happy to be alive.
- Impatient to get home, Albert has to first take care of all the sick and dying horses recovered from the battlefield.
- Finally, it's time to go home. But there's a problem: the horses aren't coming. They're to be sold to the French.
- Sergeant Thunder is furious that these noble war veterans will be made into glue or McPony burgers, but there's nothing he can do about it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...