Cite This Page
War Horse Chapter 19 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- If the war is ending, it doesn't seem like it. The battles get closer and hit closer to home. Albert's friend David dies. Albert is devastated and depressed.
- At the eleventh hour, the gunfire stops, but there are no celebrations. Men (and horses) are just happy to be alive.
- Impatient to get home, Albert has to first take care of all the sick and dying horses recovered from the battlefield.
- Finally, it's time to go home. But there's a problem: the horses aren't coming. They're to be sold to the French.
- Sergeant Thunder is furious that these noble war veterans will be made into glue or McPony burgers, but there's nothing he can do about it.